Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rock n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Lately, I've seen a ton of people bashing screamo, metal, and rock music in general. As a rocker to the core, I disagree. Music is a passion, a life style, a therapy. For some, it is rap, or pop, or country music. For me, and many others, it's rock. I know so many people who say that rock music helped them through difficulties. It is a way to express suppressed feelings, it connects in a deep way that coincides with reality. It not JUST anger, and violence. It is passion, emotion, rebellion, the will to not give up. It gives us the courage to face our challenges, it gives us an outlet to the feelings we cannot express. It is therapy, a stimulant, a mood-lifter. Rock is so much more than just one biased view, it is a complex weave of thoughts and feelings. In short, don't hate on something you don't understand. Unless you've felt what rockers feel, keep the adverse opinions to yourself.


- "Music makes me forget my real situation. It transports me into a state which is not my own. Under the influence of music I really seem to feel what I do not understand, to have powers which I cannot have.” - Tolstoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment